I got my chance to play along with the Splitcoast Stampers Member Company Love Fest today! I really wanted to join in and play in the Taylored Expressions challenge because I love their stamps!
I used this opportunity to break into my goodies Taylor sent me for being the calendar challenge winner. I used the TE Love Everywhere set that I got from my goodie pack and the TE In The Park set that I had. 3×3 cards seem so itsy bitsy compared to the regular sized cards I’m used to! And they are not less challenging! It was fun making a set of 3. Here is my set…
I cut the shapes out on my Silhouette Cameo using a shape from this bracket tags set from the Silhouette Store. Here are the steps I took in my Silhouette Studio to get all the shapes I needed:
- Ungroup bracket tags set and delete those shapes I didn’t need. Kept only the shape I wanted for my cards.
- Scale shape to 3 X 3 inches.
- Copy and paste shape to get a duplicate.
- Click one of the shapes and use the Internal Offset selection in the offset tool to make the panels to color. This is located under Object –> Offset in your Silhouette Studio. For this project I set the internal offset to be 0.13.
- Click and drag the offset created from the shape so you can cut it separately.
- Now on the 2 copies of the original shape you made before and align them with Object –> Align –> Align Top
- Once aligned move one over the other till they overlap just slightly then select Object –> Modify –> Weld to weld them together.
- Now you have the welded card base which you will score and fold in the middle after cutting. You also have the offset which will become the panel on top.
I made 3 copies of the card base and offset and cut them out together for my 3 notecards. Here is my screenshot for the sheet I cut.
Then sponged the 3 cards, each with a different color of ink and stamped the images in Versamark. Embossed with Tsukineko white powder and added the faux stitching with black Sharpie. Before adhering the cards on the base with dimensionals, I lightly colored the bases with color pencils around the edges to give it some more texture.
Here is a closer look at each card:
Really cute set of cards!
These cards are so fantastic! I love all of the images and the cut you used on them.
Love all these cards. So pretty and so simple to put together.
Just adorable! I love the fun shape you made them. I haven’t seen “shaped” mini’s before. Fun images too! Those would be perfect for gifts, or putting in the kids or hubby’s lunches! Enjoy the day!