I’m amazed at myself! Really I am! And I’ll tell you why in a second…
I consider myself a SLOW crafter. Like really slow. And I enjoy crafting that way. Thinking…working slowly…thinking again…taking ages to cut…even longer to slooooowwwly glue paper in place with my tongue hanging out for balance.
…and then I discovered the 10 minute craft dash. I was surprised. And scared. And walked away at first shaking my head. Then it slowly grew on me till I thought about it all day while my code compiled (yes I write code in my free time). So I participated in the current challenge. And I DID IT!! I finished a card under 10 minutes!!!
Here is my card and the time!
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, MME Sweetest Thing patterned papers, PTI white, Bazzil Brown
Stamps: There She Goes Oh Snap
Inks: Memento tuxedo black, Copics
I took 9 minutes 42 seconds to finish this card as the timer shows. Here is a rough breakdown. The blog did say that I was allowed to gather supplies before I started. That was SO useful and yes I’m glad I could make the card just as I visualized it!
- 3 minutes: cut all patterned papers and brown and white cardstock
- 1 minute: glue all layers and photo
- 1 minute: glue sentiment banner layers, stamp sentiment, cut notch at the end, stick sentiment with dimensionals
- 3 minutes: stamp camera, color with copics, fussy cut it (also curse myself for having this on a 10-minute card)
- 5 seconds: stare at card and see if something is needed. Decide it needs a little pin. Ignore little-voice-in-head that says “you are not going to make it”.
- remaining time: stamp pin, color it, fussy cut it, stick on with dimensional, stop clock and say HUZZAH!!
That was fun but a bit too stressful. Maybe I just need some practice :)Submitting this card for the following challenges:
- 10 minute craft dash #12
- Moxie Fab World Camera Craze challenge
- Stamping Royalty challenge 164 — I used similar color scheme to the photo
- Pile It On #7 Clips N Pins — Glad I added the little pin on the photo!
- Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge 40 Lots of Layers — I have 6 layers on the main part of the card!
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed dashing to create with me!
I’d say you did rather great getting a card done in 10 minutes or less! 🙂 Even with CAS (Clean & Simple) cards, I still go well over that many times!!! I tend to overthink things a bit too much! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! The sentiment from the chemistry card is from Paper Trey Ink’s Love Potion set…the same set as the beaker on the card! 🙂
I have never thought to use a photo on a card, but what a great idea! I am amazed how many people are trying paper piecing for this challenge, and making it in time! Way to go!
Thanks so much for joining in the Craft Dash – I hope you aren’t too afraid to try again with us!
Lovely card and nice coloring!
Thanks for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash – We hope to see you again soon 🙂
This is so super cute, Love the layers and the great card design. Your camera is so perfect with your pic, I love this. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!
Fantastaic card! Great job with the 10 minute challenge and I loved that you were able to join the Loves Rubberstamps challenge as well! The picture you incorporated with the camera is so clever. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I enjoy and look forward to seeing more of your fabulous projects! 🙂
love how you interpeted the pin challenge!! thanks for joining us at Pile it on… I hope to see you back again this week for our new challenge!
What a fun card! I love that you used a picture on your card- something that isn’t often seen in blog land. Great job on the colors, too!
Thank you for playing in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you’ll join us again soon!
Oh wow! Picture on a card! Love it. Great take on the challenge..Thanks so much playing along 10 min craft dash! Do join us again! 🙂
Hey Chaitali! Thanks for linking this up to the Camera Craze Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I’m so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)C