|Trifold Shutter card closed view|
|Trifold Shutter card open view|
This card is also very special for me because I made it for today’s 365 cards challenge as well. Today’s challenge was “create a card inspired by a proud moment in your life.” I think this card represents my journey in grad school the proud graduation moment at the end of it. It was a journey mostly filled with different colorful experiences, sometimes dark and grey but always with a silver lining. But at the center of the journey was a dream just like on this card!
The second inspiration for this card was from the DT inspiration photo at The Shabby Tea Room. I loved the cheerful bright colors and roses in the photo so used those as inspiration here. This card is my entry for their DT call so fingers crossed!
Few other interesting things about this card:
- Everything is cut with my paper trimmer. Yup thats right, no Cameo! 🙂
- A lot of things like the some of the patterned paper, the ribbon and the rose are from my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit for this month.
- The butterfly was stamped on Rustic Cream cardstock in Inkadinkado coffee bean ink and cut out by hand. Long time since I did any free-hand cutting like that!
- The bow on the ribbon was tied with my Bow Easy. I have finally learnt to use it (thankyou Gina K.) which means you will see a lot more bows on my cards 🙂
This one goes to:
- 365 Cards Day 355 My Moment
- Allsorts Anything Goes challenge
- HIMCR Glitter challenge – the photo doesn’t show it well but the 4 black panels, the 2 flower panels are all glitter cardstock. I also added glitter to my butterfly with glitter gel pens.
- Papercraft Star Butterflies challenge
- Flutterby Wednesday Anything with wings challenge – I have a butterfly and a bird!
What a lovely trifold card, Chaitali!,such a sweet bird and butterfly. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Star challenge this week.
Gorgeous card. x
This is so detailed and beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at 365 Cards!!
Oh Chaitali you have done a beautiful job on this trifold shutter card! I’m so glad you tried it out. Love the color choices as well at the patterned paper! Good luck on the DT call, and thank you for sharing this with us over at the Papercraft Star!Anitra
Wow! What a pretty card. Looks so detailed. Congratulations on your graduation from grad school. An accomplishment for sure!
Gorgeous trifold shutter card, aren’t they fun to make? Love the dp you used!
What a pretty card Chaitali and I love the inspiration behind the card! I so agree with you with the grad days – they’re one of the sweetest memories!And yep – me too waiting for the summer and if it’s going to take too long I’m going out hiking in the rain! LOL!