If you have seen some of my cards from Dec 2010 when I started cardmaking for Asha, you probably know that I was all into quilling. Then I moved on to other crafts but kept holding on to my quilling strips and supplies anyways.
Today I felt it was time to go back and make a quilled card. Curling the paper and shaping it was very enjoyable. I’ll have to revisit all my forgotten skills and make some more cards 🙂
Here is the one I made:
Cardstock: Textured kraft cardstock from Michaels, GP 110 white paper, Bazzil brown cardstock, Basic Grey Porcelain 6X6 patterned paper
Accessories: Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening saddle stitch ribbon, pearls from Michaels, beads from my old broken earrings 🙂
Tools: Cuttlebug, Musical swirls A2 embossing folder, Shaping scissors
Stamp: Papertrey Ink Happy Trails sentiment
Technique: Paper quilling
The quilled flowers are made with very basic quilling techniques. I added the beads from a pair of broken earrings for some interesting effect. I felt they went well with the patterned paper. The white cardstock strips are remnants from my Belleek card so they are also embossed with the musical swirls folder. The border at the bottom of the second white strip is cut with shaping scissors. Yes I still have and use those instead of punches 😀
This one was also interesting because I wanted to enter it in the Pile it on challenge this week. That meant having to participate in 2+ OTHER challenges :O It was quite a challenge incorporating a bunch of challenges in a card but here are all the places it is going to:
- Use it Tuesday All about Love – I used my quilling supplies that were abandoned for more than a year and this one IS all about love 🙂
- Cards & Things Sketch challenge – I copied this sketch literally without rotating or moving anything. Unfortunately I was late in submitting it for the challenge 😦
- Quilling Me Softly V-Day challenge – This was HARD. I mean making a V-Day card with no pink, red or hearts?? Well I did it! And to keep with the challenge in letter and spirit, I didn’t even use a sentiment that had “heart” spelt in it 🙂
- Crafty Cardmakers Beads challenge – I thought of the earrings first when I read this challenge and subconsciously designed the card around them!
- Pile it on Just Because challenge – Ofcourse this is the kind of card you could give “just because” you want to make someone’s day.
Hope you enjoyed reading about it!
what a spectacular card!!Absolutly lovely!! *TFS* ♥
What beautiful quilling….gorgoeus card!Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!hugzirini
Beautiful job–so glad you joined us at UIT this week!!
You do great work! I love the layout & colors you used….excellent work & TFS!!!
This is so pretty, I can see why you wanted to revisit this technique. Very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Pile it on this week!Hugs,Heather Pwww.heather-p.blogspot.com/
I love the colour of those beads – they must have been stunning earings – and look brilliant on the card!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx
Lovely colours and a pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.Jackie
Beautiful card, love the recycled beads. Thanks for joining my bead challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. xx
Beautiful card.Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this weekHugsDoreen
Beads and quilling are so wonderfully blended on your creationCheers from Bangalore, IndiaSoniacardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
This is lovely ! you have more patience than me haha when I try quil I always get in a fiddle.Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers this round !Aj.